Practicing Mindfulness and Communication in Relationships
Having passion and friendship in your romantic relationship is not only possible; it is necessary to build a stronger and loving partnership. No matter your current communication pattern. There are ways to create different patterns where each person feels heard and supported. Communication in relationships starts with shifting the blame game patterns and getting to the root of what is hurting both of you. There will always be disagreements; but how we handle them makes a difference that allows us to grow closer. Are you looking for a therapist in Plano that specializes in couples therapy and counseling? Request a free 15 minute consultation with Dr. Lori Runge today.
What to Expect From Couples Therapy
- Just as every individual is different, every couple has their own unique history. Therapy is geared towards your goals and what you want the outcome to be. You are the experts in your relationship. I am simply the guide to help you reach your goals.
- You decide as a couple when you feel you are done with therapy; but it is dependent on the presenting challenge in your relationship. Many of my clients see me for 8-12 sessions and others may have more to untangle so their time with me lasts longer. Again, it is always up to the client as to when they feel they have accomplished their goals.
- My goal as your coach or therapist is to give you tools and techniques so that you can navigate the stress of daily life with ease. Staying present and focused on living your best life NOW.
The Benefits of Mindfulness in Couples Therapy
Research studies show that relationship satisfaction increases due to less emotional reactivity. When couples learn to use mindfulness techniques and tools they ultimately begin a new way of being with each other.
Benefits of Mindfulness For Couples
- Less emotional reactivity allows clients to stay calm even when discussing difficult and triggering topics.
- Reduced emotional reactivity leads couples seeing each other as human beings with separate needs and desires without judgement of those needs and desires,
- Diminished emotional reactivity also leads to more acceptance and awareness of each other as individuals and as a couple.
- Couples are able to stay grounded in their relationship as individuals that see and choose one another without judgment.
- The need for external validation is no longer part of the equation. Mindfulness allows the couple to be with themselves and their partner in a new way.
- Couples are able to feel seen, recognized and appreciated by their partners after they incorporate mindfulness into their lives as a way of being.
Schedule An Appointment Today
When Dr. Lori Runge works with couples dealing with relationship challenges, she uses her training in Gottman Couples Therapy, Family Systems Theory and mindfulness (MBSR) to create a comprehensive therapeutic treatment plan focused on the couple’s specific challenges. Lori works in tandem with her clients to ensure that their goals are aligned with the treatment plan to create a positive sustainable shift in their relationship. Lori believes that her clients are the experts in their lives and what she provides is objective guidance for them to uncover their strengths and gifts, enabling them to live their best life.
If you are ready to work on communication and build a stronger relationship for a long and loving partnership, schedule a 15 minute consultation to see if I’m the right fit for you and your partner. I’m ready to help you find new ways to handle the challenges you’re currently facing and give you the tools to incorporate mindfulness into your life. Request a free consultation by using the button below.